Saturday, February 9, 2013

Caesar Salad

Mmmm.. My favorite! 


What you need: 

Salad
Chiabatta bread 
1 Chicken breast 
Olive oil

For the dressing : 

1 garlic clove 
Parmesan
1 tablespoon of white vine vinegar 
5 tablespoons of mayonnaise 

How to make it: 

Step 1: Cut the salad and put it on a plate, fry the chicken and while you do fry the chicken you can make the dressing to save time. 

Step 2: Mix the ingredients for the dressing together. I usually use about half a hand full of grated Parmesan for the dressing but make a bit more so that I can sprinkle some on top when its all done. (I love to add about a tablespoon of lemon juice into the mix, but that's just me) 

( If I want to make the salad a bit healthier (and that happens very often) I usually use something we call gräddfil here in Sweden instead of the mayonnaise, it's basically creme fraiche mixed with a tiny bit of water so it's a lot more liquid than the creme fraiche. It doesn't turn out quite as tasty but it's still delicious. )

Step 3: Pour the dressing on top of the salad, cut the chicken into pieces and put it on top. Now the only thing you have to do is to cut the bread into small cubes and fry them in a bit of olive oil so that they become crunchy and when you have done that just put them on top of the rest. 

I love to cut up some cherry tomatoes and put them on top, simply delicious. 

The last thing you can to do is to sprinkle some Parmesan on top and then you're done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment