Friday, February 15, 2013

Salmon with tomato butter

Today I celebrated the "day of love" with one of my best friends Klara and had dinner with her and this is what I made and how! My mother always used to serve this for new years when I was little and that because it's red I thought that it would be perfect for a valentine's day meal. 
If you want to know how to make the tomato hearts click here

What you need:

Salmon
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of vinegar
salt
thyme


150g butter
4 tablespoons of tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Step 1. Set your oven to 175 degrees Celcius If the salmon is frozen let it thaw and then put some aluminum foil in a dish that you can put in the oven and then put the salmon on the dish. 


   

Step 2. Mix the vinegar, olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of thyme and pour it over the salmon and let it set for about 20 minutes. 

   

Step 3. For the tomato butter you just mix the butter, the tomato puree and a pinch of salt and spread half of it on top of the salmon. Then put it in the oven for about 20 minutes. 

         

Step 4. Take it out of the oven and serve it with something delicious. I served it with mashed potatoes and a bit of salad and then you can serve the rest of the tomato butter on the side, it's really good! 


 

Hope you enjoyed your valentine's day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment