Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sweet potato mash with marshmallows

Today I was wondering what I wanted to make for dinner and then for some reason I started thinking about thanks giving, so I came to the conclusion to make sweet potatoe mash with marshmallows on top. For me that is as American as something can get, in Sweden I don't think that anyone wood even come up with the idea to put marshmallows on top of anything and then serve it as dinner. 

what you need 

6 large sweet potatoes 
1 cup white sugar                         ( about 2 dl )
1/2 cup brown sugar                   ( about 1 dl )
2 tablespoons cinnamon             
1 tablespoon butter 
miniature marshmallows 

Step 1. Peel the potatoes and chop them up into little cubes. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C ).  

        

Step 2. Place them in a large pot and cover them with salted water and bring to a boil. when the water is boiling reduce the heat to medium heat and let it stand there for about 20 minutes untill the potatoes are tender and then drain. 

Step 3. Mash the potatoes and add he rest of the ingredients. put the mashed sweet potatoes into a casserole dish and cover with marshmallows.

        

Step 4. Put the dish into the oven and take it out when the marshmallows have become brown (after about 30 minutes). 

Well.. that's what you're suppose to do, I didn't use any salt to the water because I thought that it would make the potatoes less sweet and then I only used 1/2 a cup of white sugar and no brown sugar. Only used 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and that's it. It still tastes delicious, I didn't want it to taste too much like dessert so I didn't want it to be too sweet. 

Of course I managed to leave it in the oven for a bit to long but it still tastes delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment