Thursday, November 21, 2013

Citrus Marshmallowfudge


I based this recipe from one that I found on a Swedish blog that I really like called Marias Bakglädje
It takes about 20 minutes to make and then you have to keep it in the refrigerator for about two hours. 
It's got a really citrusy flavor and it is very different from anything that I have tasted before. 
When you think about fudge you usually think of vanilla or chocolate fudge so when I tasted this after I had made it I couldn't make up my mind about if I liked it or not but after two bites I fell in love. 
I hope you fall in love with this recipe just as much as I did! 


What you need: 
50g butter 
1dl heavy cream
175g sugar
the juice from one lemon
2 Clementine's
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
150g marshmallows 
200g white chocolate


How you make it: 
Step1: Melt the butter.
Step2: Lower the heat to medium heat and add the cream, sugar , lemon juice, Clementine zest and juice, vanilla powder and the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows have melted. When they have melted let it cook for another ten minutes. 
Step3: Take the pot away from the heat and add the chocolate and stir until it's become a smooth batter. 
Step4: put baking paper in a baking pan that is about 10x25cm big and pour the batter into the pan and put it in the fridge. 


Now there are loads of ways you can present this, two of them are that you can
 just cut them into squares or you can roll them into baking paper! 

Cut them into squares:
Let the batter set in the fridge for about two hours and then just take them out and cut them into squares. 

Roll them into baking paper. 
Step1: Take the batter out before it has become totally hard, about an hour after you put it in the fridge. If it's too hard just microwave it for about five seconds. 
Step2: Cut the whole thing into bite size pieces. 
Step3: Cut baking paper into pieces that are about 7x10cm.
Step4: Put a piece of fudge in the center and wrap the paper around it. 
Step5: Take the roll with both hand and then twist it, turn one hand towards your body and the other hand away from your body. At the same time push your hands a bit closer to each other so that you get that round shape. 
Step6: Put the candy in your fridge for another hour or two to let them harden. enjoy! 

You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment