Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Childhood cheesecake

This is my favorite type of cheesecake! You can divide it into two layers, you have the creamy-dreamy top half and then the bottom half is where you find all the cottage cheese and almonds.
I learnt how to make it when I was eight years old and at that time I didn't like cheesecake at all (or cottage cheese for that matter) but this one is what changed my mind. It's really easy to make, doesn't take a lot of time and isn't really that fancy. Just something that you can throw together as a simple dessert. Takes a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes to make. 

What you need: 
3 eggs
0.5dl sugar
0.5dl flour
1dl finely chopped almonds
3dl cream
500g Cottage cheese

How you make it: 
Step1: Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius
Step2: Mix the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. 
Step3: Add the rest of the ingredients, flour, finely chopped almonds, cream and cottage cheese. 
Step4: Butter a oven dish and pour the mixture into the dish. 
Step5: Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. The top of the cake should be golden brown 

You can serve it warm or cold (I personally prefer it when it's warm).
Top it with some whipped cream and fresh berries. 




You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment