Monday, December 8, 2014

This years Gingerbread House


A lot of people don't have the patience for things like this but for me this is like therapy!  
It may have taken me five hours to complete this little project but it's not like i had any other plans that day. Decorating gingerbread houses was never a tradition in my family, well at least not when I was a kid. For the past 6 or 7 years I have made it a traditions and made one each year and I love to see how they just look better and better for each year! 

I bought the gingerbread pieces at a store and then put them together with caramelized sugar
For the piping details I just mixed confectioners sugar with water. 
Start with 1 tablespoon water and 1.5dl confectioners sugar and mix it all together. 
Continue to add sugar till you have reached a consistency that is a bit thicker then glue. 
Now you just have to pour it into a piping bag with a tiny tip and start piping! 

It becomes a lot easier (and prettier) if you pipe the details on the side of the house before you put the house together. 



You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment